Saturday, August 2, 2014

Another Review of My Book

I was glad to see in the latest issue of Biblische Zeitschrift (vol. 58/1, 2014, pp. 115-19) that Heinz-Josef Fabry reviewed my Hebrew Scripture in Patristic Biblical Theory. If you want to practice your German, give it a read. It's a pretty positive review, mostly summary of my argument. His first paragraph describes the book as "dieses für die Bibelwissenschaft ungemein instruktive Buch." The main weakness he identifies is redundancy, which I suppose I cannot deny. But, he concludes: "Die Fülle an Informationen macht diesen negativen Eindruck jedoch mehr als wett. So bildet das Buch mitsamt seiner mächtigen Bibliographie ein unverzichtbares Hilfsmittel für jeden, der die Rezeption der Bibel in der frühchristlichen Zeit erforschen will."

No comments: